Amherst Road

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Amherst Road
Other Names
Former name(s)Priory Garden
JunctionsAmherst Close
Amherst Gardens
Beatrice Close
Linton Road
Newgate Road
Pashley Gardens
Priory Avenue
Selmeston Close
Construction start1902

Summary[edit | edit source]

Was known as The Priory Garden prior to 1876[1]Construction of the road took place after land was transferred from the Eversfield Estate to the Cornwallis Estate in 1902[2]

  1. Historic Hastings J.M. Baines
  2. Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 25 January 1902