Albany Hotel

From Historical Hastings Wiki

This hotel, located on Robertson Terrace was the scene of one of the greatest disasters during WW2. The hotel itself opened under the name of Albany Mansions on the 24th of March 1885 and occupied three of the central buildings of the terrace. The conversion itself was carried out by the London firm, Messrs. Crew of Westbourne Terrace and featured rooms leading off from a grand central staircase, the rooms having marble fire-surrounds, and an elegant drawing room on the first floor to the design of Messrs. Smee of Finsbury in an Adams style[1]


Footnotes (including sources)[edit]

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 21 March 1885 pg. 6