London Road Abattoir

From Historical Hastings
Revision as of 21:31, 28 January 2021 by RoyPenfold (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Summary[edit]

Hastings Abattoir was located behind a field between London Road and Southwater Road (roughly where Heron House stands) adjacent to Cramps Wood in St Leonards for a number of years. The premises were operated by Newton Parks, a butcher who also had premises on Norman Road

In 1954, removal from these premises was urged to a more suitable site, the current site having been only intended as a temporary location and there were increasing fears that visitors and residents alike were being offended by its current location.[1], the site being cleared during the 1960s. The land was subsequently sold to Heron Industries who constructed Heron House on the London Road portion of the site.

Images[edit]

References & Notes

  1. Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 16 October 1954 pg.4