Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment

From Historical Hastings
Revision as of 17:34, 6 July 2020 by RoyPenfold (talk | contribs) (Bot: Adding ==References==\n\n\n{{footer}})


Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment at Breeds Place was in the occupancy of a Mr Gildersleeve between 1888 and 1909 for some 21 years. During his tenure, he renamed it 'Stanton House Royal'. The hallway was lined with mirrors reflecting the moulded ceilings giving the impression of an avenue. These were removed when he vacated the property in 1909; it then became the property of the Y.M.C.A. and the Royal Coat of Arms was placed over the entrance.[1]



  1. Hastings of Bygone Days and the Present (Henry Cousins - 1911) pg.191 ISBN: 9789332862449 ESCC Library Google Books " Amazon