Difference between revisions of "Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment"

From Historical Hastings
m (Add building infobox)
m
Line 15: Line 15:
 
}}
 
}}
 
== Summary ==
 
== Summary ==
[[Gildersleeves]] Boarding Establishment at [[Street::Breeds Place]] was in the occupancy of a Mr Gildersleeve between 1888 and 1909 for some 21 years. During his tenure, he renamed it 'Stanton House Royal'. The hallway was lined with mirrors reflecting the moulded ceilings giving the impression of an avenue. These were removed when he vacated the property in 1909; it then became the property of the Y.M.C.A. and the Royal Coat of Arms was placed over the entrance.<ref>{{CousinsBook|191}}</ref>
+
[[Gildersleeves]] Boarding Establishment at [[Street::Breeds Place]] was in the occupancy of a Mr Gildersleeve between 1888 and 1909 for some 21 years, following his move from [[Stanton House]] in [[Cornwallis Gardens]]. At some point during his tenure, he renamed it 'Stanton House Royal'. The hallway was lined with mirrors reflecting the moulded ceilings giving the impression of an avenue. These were removed when he vacated the property in 1909; it then became the property of the Y.M.C.A. and the Royal Coat of Arms was placed over the entrance.<ref>{{CousinsBook|191}}</ref>
 
{{See also if exists|Gildersleeves Hotel}}
 
{{See also if exists|Gildersleeves Hotel}}
 
{{ShowImages}}
 
{{ShowImages}}

Revision as of 16:48, 24 October 2020


Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment
General information
Address5-6 Breeds Place
Location
Loading map...

Summary

Gildersleeves Boarding Establishment at Breeds Place was in the occupancy of a Mr Gildersleeve between 1888 and 1909 for some 21 years, following his move from Stanton House in Cornwallis Gardens. At some point during his tenure, he renamed it 'Stanton House Royal'. The hallway was lined with mirrors reflecting the moulded ceilings giving the impression of an avenue. These were removed when he vacated the property in 1909; it then became the property of the Y.M.C.A. and the Royal Coat of Arms was placed over the entrance.[1]

Images

References