From Historical Hastings
- Displays all children group infoboxes for the individual. If no children are listed, the spouses of the individual are queried for corresponding children lists.
- Article using SMW facts template. This includes various properties and structures including:
- joined_with: list of individuals each of whom was a coparent of a family group. Order of individuals must correspond to the children group numbers recorded for the individual. Spouses and other co-parents separated by "plus" signs.
Groups: These are groupings of children with the same two parents. Group number may be from 1 to 12. The following are values for each group. That is, there is a parameter children-g1, parameter children-g2... and so on up to children-g12.
- short_name of the parent (which shows at the top of the box)
- width: of child box(es)
- children-g1: Children of the same parents are in the same group. Each child name is followed by a "plus" sign with NO carriage returns (i.e. no "ENTER"). Spaces may precede and follow each "+".
- If a spouse's children are being "copied", no heading is displayed when it is the spouse's second family; the first would prompt a heading.
- Showing groups separately
- You may show the infoboxes for two or more groups separately if you want to follow any with text (for example, to list more details than the table shows). Insert repeated instances of the template, each with just one group inside it. A simpler process would just use the "notes" fields, but that has two disadvantages: (1) they are usually some distance further down the page; (2) there's a size limit on each "Notes" field.
- Related form
- Form:Children affects the structure and display of this form.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Showfacts children/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.