Old London Road

From Historical Hastings Wiki
Revision as of 15:03, 8 July 2020 by RoyPenfold (talk | contribs) (Bot: Cosmetic changes)
Old London Road
Other Names
Former name(s)Hastings Hill, London Road

Summary

Was originally known as Hastings Hill, or London Road, this being the main means of road transport in and out of the town. Renamed to Old London Road to distinguish it from the London Road in St Leonards. This road was renumbered during 1934.[1]The elm trees at the foot of the hill were originally planted by John Collier (1685-1760). Part of Old London Road in was at one time known as 'the High Street', being the main thoroughfare through the village.

Images


Name Street No From To
Alexandra Terrace (Hastings) 1870 1873
Hickman Bros 1900 1906
Sacred Heart College
Sacred Heart Convent
Sirdar Buildings


References