Difference between revisions of "Old London Road"

From Historical Hastings Wiki
m (Bot: Cosmetic changes)
m (Text replacement - "{{footer}} ==" to "==")
Line 5: Line 5:
{{In this road}}
{{In this road}}
== References ==
== References ==

Revision as of 10:29, 13 July 2020

Old London Road
Other Names
Former name(s)Hastings Hill, London Road


Was originally known as Hastings Hill, or London Road, this being the main means of road transport in and out of the town. Renamed to Old London Road to distinguish it from the London Road in St Leonards. This road was renumbered during 1934.[1]The elm trees at the foot of the hill were originally planted by John Collier (1685-1760). Part of Old London Road in was at one time known as 'the High Street', being the main thoroughfare through the village.


Name Street No From To
Alexandra Terrace (Hastings) 1870 1873
Cooperative 472 1970 1970
Duncan Foster 476 1950 1970
Hastings Lodge 77
Hickman Bros 1900 1906
Sacred Heart College
Sacred Heart Convent
Shurzine Pharmacy 478 1969 1980
Sirdar Buildings