Fludes Carpets were a carpet showroom at 37/38 Queens Road, occupying the site left by the bombing of the Bedford Arms during WW2. An additional site in town was at 50 Robertson Street. Abbey National (now Santander) occupy the site.
The company first traded in 1929, being founded by Leslie Flude, with shops in Wallasey and Birkenhead. Following the Second World War, he moved to the South Coast, expanding the business with a chain of shops extending from Hastings to Bournemouth.
Known occupiers of 37-38 Queens Road
Known occupiers of 50 Robertson Street
- 37-38;Queens Road; :50;Robertson Street
- Fludes Carpets: Our History - Fludes Carpets, accessdate: 4 November 2019