St Pauls Church

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Summary[edit | edit source]

The foundation stone of St Pauls Church, Church Road, was laid in 1866 and it opened two years later; it was to serve its congregation for a hundred years until demolished and replaced by an uninspiring block of flats. The imposing square ‘Paxton Tower’ dominated the scene being visible for miles around and the vicarage, a large detached building with its own separate coach house, occupied a huge site on the corner of Blomfield Road[1]. The church was demolished in [[Date::1964].