St Leonards Mechanics Institute

From Historical Hastings Wiki

Established in 1848 by Phillip Hook and Thomas Brett, the St. Leonards Mechanic's Institute was an organisation similar to the Mechanics Institution which had been formed in Hastings around ten years earlier. Brett served as Treasurer from 1853, becoming president in 1888, at which time the institute was based in Norman Road[1]

Footnotes (including sources)[edit]

  1. Historical Hastings Wiki:T. B. Brett