St Leonards Gardens
Summary[edit | edit source]
St. Leonards Gardens sit behind the Royal Victoria Hotel on the seafront, and was formerly known as 'Victoria Gardens'. Originally laid out as a private garden for the Burton family, it was bought in 1879 by Hastings Borough Council for £9,000 (of which £2,000 was raised by public subscription).
- Hastings and St Leonards Observer - Saturday 21 October 1922 p4